Saturday, April 26, 2008

"I Love to See the Temple"

Today I attended our all day stake youth excursion at Temple Square. We had over 150 youth & 35 leaders touring the beautiful grounds. We learned amazing facts & the symbolism about the Salt Lake Temple. We also toured the Church History Museum, strolled through the Visitor Center, Tabernacle & Assembly Hall, watched the Joseph Smith movie in the Legacy Center & ended with a heart warming testimony meeting. I must say we have some "steadfast & immovable" youth here in Lehi. I love serving in the young woman's program. I love learning about the sacrifices others have made because of their faithfulness. I love that spring is finally here with all its beauty. I love to see the temple.

Beautiful Salt Lake Temple

Three of my young women... they are all hilarious.
Aren't these tulips lovely? I could stare at them all day!

4 comments:

Jen & Blake said...

It is gorgeous now, I guess that's what you get after a blister winter...right? It looks like a great experience, I would have loved it:)

Mary Ann said...

you're so lucky to live by temple square and to be in yw.. what an awesome experience!

Mary Ann said...

you're so lucky to live by temple square and to be in yw.. what an awesome experience!

Summertime Designs said...

I am jealous! That's so awesome that you got to go there with your Young Women and learn the symbolism and history behind the Salt Lake Temple. What beautiful pictures, and yes, I could sit right beside you and stare at those tulips all day!