Saturday, April 5, 2008

A Conference Treat!

My sister in law Christie called me last night at 11:30 to ask if I wanted to go to this mornings Conference session. They had one extra ticket & I was the lucky gal to get it! They were especially AWESOME seats since her dad is a member of the Seventy. It was such a wonderful & spiritual experience to be amongst & sustain our new prophet, Thomas S. Monson and his apostles. Afterwards, I was privileged to have lunch with Christie & Alan (Steve's brother), her siblings & parents in the church office buildings. (And lets not forget seeing/hugging Jodi-Pop in the parking garage mixed in with the 1000's of people)!
After Steve dropped me off this morning, he took the kids to the zoo to pass the time before coming back to pick me up. Sorry, no pictures with the elephants & giraffes, but it sounds like they had a great time too.
At 4:00pm the kids & I dropped off Steve at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. He met up with his brother, Alan & Alan's father & brother in laws to have dinner & attend the Priesthood session at the Conference Center as well. Steve & I have had such a memorable day...thank you Alan & Christie for being so thoughtful. Just one of the perks of having loving family members & living in Utah.
I forgot my camera this morning when I went, but hurried & snapped these from the car while dropping off Steve. Not the best, but you get the idea.

This picture is for my sisters' & Aimee... can you say "Weeeeeeeee" with your hands raised above your head? I know Kate & I did!

2 comments:

The Nunes' said...

You are so lucky Sommer, I'm jealous! And you actually got to listen to a full session w/o any kids- I've forgoten what that was like!

Alan said...

Sommer, it was so great to see you!! I can't wait to catch up more in June. I think you need to stay longer than you are planning to stay. Bring the kids and come camp out with this branch of the Curtis family for a few days, okay? I mean it!! Either that or you will have to move in with me in PC and keep me company for a few weeks there.-christie