Friday, May 2, 2008

Womens Conference Retreat

My mother in law, Julie & I attended BYU's Women's Conference yesterday from 9 am to 9 pm (with a little break in between). We split up for the first two classes, but then reunited for the third. The classes I attended were prepared just for me! It was a wonderful day, full of spiritual & mental up liftment with doses of laughing, exercise & eating. Later in the evening we went back to participate in the service projects with the other 10,000 women. We chose to make the hand stitched Christmas stockings for the local hospitals & Armed Forces. What a rejuvenating day!
Thank you Anna for watching my kids all morning & afternoon... I owe you!

4 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

very fun! must be cool to live so close to BYU for fun stuff like that!

The Nunes' said...

You sure have a lot of perks living in Utah! It sounds like it was an awesome day! I would love to come up sometime for Women's Conference. Wouldn't that be fun to go with a bunch of the girls?!

Aimee's Family Journal said...

I am so glad you got some time off! We have a lot of women that travel to WC every year with friends and sisters. I need to try it. I hear it is so nice. Anyway, glad you went!

Mary Ann said...

i heard that was so awesome! that's great that you live close enough to just go over for the day!!