Sunday, May 11, 2008

We LOVE Moms!

My morning started off early, cheerful & bright with Kate running in the room waving a homemade card(with the help from Steve) & yelling, "surprise, Happy Mommy's Day"! Steve & Chan followed her in with breakfast & a brand new crock pot wrapped all nice & neat. I lounged around in bed all morning reading a great book that I started yesterday (A Train To Potevka). We went to our Sunday meetings & afterwards Steve grilled steaks & baked potatoes, made a fresh, crisp salad & we washed it all down with my favorite... apple juice. For dessert, we indulged in banana splits.
I am very grateful to be the mother of two funny, smart, healthy, entertaining & loving little kids. They bring a lot of joy & happiness to my heart. Each day is a new adventure full of messy faces & clothes, laughter & tears, excitement & "oh no's", learning & teaching opportunities, a lot of "what's this" from Kate & a disarray family room. However, I've liked looking at that messy family room (for a few minutes) at the end of the day. It reminds me of the fun that we all had from the moment we woke up. So we pick it all up & look at all over again the next day.
Steve & I are both fortunate to have such wonderful mothers. They are generous, loving, talented, hard working, honest & a lot of fun! When Kate was two and half months old, I went back to teach the second semester school. These two women divided up their week & watched her for 8 hours a day. I will always be grateful for their willingness & sacrifice during that long five months. Thank you for all you do for us & our little family! We LOVE you!

3 comments:

Christie said...

Sommer, Happy Mother's Day! I'm glad you had a great day- you deserve it. I just found out I'm headed to Utah on Tuesday (my mom is coming home for shoulder surgery) so I will call you and hopefully we can meet up!! Love you guys.

Marie said...

Happy Mother's Day!
Your kids are adorable and I know you are such a great mom.
And I do love your mom too, Brenda is the best!

CF Is Not Forever said...

Happy late Mother's Day! Ended up at the mall with you sister in law Marla today. She is a sister of a friend of mine. Beautiful girl!