Sunday, November 9, 2008

A Friends Weekend!

We had a great Saturday night with our good friends and my second family, The Allen's. They came to SLC this weekend to drop Spencer off on his mission. He will be serving a service mission in Salt Lake for the next two years. He informed me that I could drop by every now & then to check to see how he's doing. But not too often. I just might have to do that. Not to be spying, but to say hello because I am so proud of him!
I was the Allen's nanny for four and half years... when they were a family with eight kids, now they have nine! Spencer was in sixth grade when I started and now he is old enough to go on a mission. Time sure does fly by!
We met up with them at Buca di Beppo in downtown Salt Lake for some yummy Italian food, dessert & great conversation. Thanks you guys for the fun night!
Elder Allen & Sommer

One fourth of the Allen's & Us!
***The Hill's invited us over for a Sunday feast, games & Birthday cake. It's always fun to laugh & make new memories with them. Thanks again friends!

2 comments:

Allred's said...

It's amazing how fast time flies by. Sometimes I see some of the sunbeams I taught when I got out of YW and they are now getting ready to go on missions.....that makes me feel really old.

Marcie and Holly said...

How fun! That is so neat that he is going on a service mission! You're the best nanny ever!