Wednesday, March 19, 2008

30...Here I Come!

Today is my 30th Birthday and boy did I have a GREAT day! Steve woke me up early with breakfast in bed and to give me my presents. I got a brand new camera(one that I have had my eye on for some time now), a case for it and the Bee Movie, which I love! When I opened the camera to test it out, I noticed that the camera already had some pictures on it. They were pictures of the itinerary for 30th Birthday adventure. Steve had planned out the entire day for me & even took off work at 12:30 to make it all possible...

He made scrambled eggs, cinnamon french toast & bacon with a nice cold glass of milk!

I love this place... devine soup & sandwiches!

This masseuse did a number on me, but I was in heaven and all lubed up.

I found a white skirt at Dillards & had 45 minutes to spare so I threw in a pedicure for myself too.

This Brazilian restaurant is amazing, they give you lots of food and great entertainment.
Kate feeding rice to Chandler which never made it to his mouth.
We topped off the night with cheesecake, drizzled with Raspberry sauce(this picture is sick, I've had a long, but fulfilling day)
Thank you Steve for such a wonderful and memorable day. I love you and your thoughtfulness. Thank you family & friends for your phone calls, texts, presents and birthday wishes. What an exciting day!
Now that the kids are all tucked in bed, Steve & I are going to watch the Bee Movie since I have 3 hours left of my birthday. Woo Who!

16 comments:

The Halls said...

I am so glad you had a happy big 30 welcome to the club! I can't belive we are here1

Alisha said...

Sounds like you had an awesome birthday. Steve did a great job helping you celebrate, I'm jealous. We totally need to get together soon. Maybe this weekend?

Carrie said...

WOW! Sounds like you had a great birthday! Happy Birthday! I would turn 30 every year if that was the treatment I got!!!

The Nunes' said...

Happy Birthday Somms! That is one sweet husband you have and it sounds like you had a great day!

Christie said...

I'm so glad you had a such a great b-day Sommer!! Props to Steve for stepping up- well done. I can't wait to see pictures with your new camera!

Kari said...

Hey Sommer! It's Kari (Smith) Cook from HS! I found you thru anna M's blog. Happy Birthday by the way! You have a really cute family! Can't wait to catch up with you more thru the blogging world!

Cheramie said...

happy birthday sommer, 30's a big one and it sounds like your husband went all out!

jfbast said...

happy birthday sommer! what a sweet husband. i was also jealous of the big snowy mountain behind the restaurant in that picture.

Tiff Hunt said...

Happy 30th to you! What a fun day! Kudos to your hubby for being fun and creative. Mine could use a lesson or two!

Jodiane said...

Happy birthday girl.... you gotta be embracing the 30,it's like the best ever. have fun.

Jen & Blake said...

How creative and fun! It sounds like a great day. Happy Belated Birthday!

The Cluffs said...

I am glad you had a good day! Go Steve- thats awesome!

Miken Harding said...

Great husbands are the best....what a fun way to spend your day! I'm right behind ya sista!!!

Miken Harding said...

Oh yeah..happy birthday!1

Shawna said...

I love Tucanos...we go there every time we make it back to Provo! Your birthday sounded fun. Happy really belated birthday. Your husband is so sweet...how thoughtful!

Marie said...

Okay...I LOVE Kneaders! I make my friend Amy take me there everytime I visit. And Tucanos was a great experience, I went for the first time last summer for a wedding dinner. So good, and a great atmosphere!