Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Float Festival

We hit the "Days of '47 Float Preview Party" with the MacFarlane cousins, held at the Sandy Expo Center. We admired all the floats that are going to be in the SLC Pioneer Day Parade... voted on our favorite one and turned in our ballots! Very official here in UT. Afterwards we hit up Chick-fil-a & Target for some more cousin bonding time! Thanks Anna for the invite!

Johnny, Maggie & Kate... didn't know how to control all of their excitement!

Kate's personal fav... surprise, surprise!

Noah's Ark came in a close second for her.



Anna and I both LOVED the seagulls having a BBQ picnic with the crickets. The grill blew smoke out, the jello wiggled & the rotisserie even spun around!







Just thought this one was creative as well... loved the foam hair.

3 comments:

Allred's said...

Wow, that is amazing. I had no idea it was such a big deal and so well put together. Here I was thinking Thatcher's Pioneer Day was the best. Guess I was way wrong. Hey as for Marcie, no I don't get to hear from her anymore. I changed my e-mail along time ago, so did she, so we haven't talked in a long time. I am so glad she is finally having a boy though. I can tell you, having three girls is massive drama. Then theres you, and your so lucky to have one of each. You Rock.

Miken Harding said...

I love floats! We missed you guys too! I need to put jewlery on B so people will know she is a girl, till she can have pig tails! Have a great week!

Ashley said...

are you kidding, those floats pale in comparison to the tripped out ones of thatcher! i mean, how do you even compare a noah's ark float to a bunch of kids in the back of a cow trailer?
hope you guys are good. missed you in thatcher, anny asked where kate was. your mom gave me a nursing cover!