Sunday, February 24, 2008

Yea...Grandma's In town!

The kids and I picked up my mom from the airport on Friday morning. She is staying with us for a whole week and we are pumped! That afternoon, we took her to lunch at Kneaders( soup and sandwiches), which hit the spot to take the edge off the chill. Then we showed her around Lehi... it took a whole 12 minutes. The rest of the day, we relaxed, visited and played with the kids. On Saturday, my mom and I left the house at 9:45am and didn't come home until 5:30pm(Thank you Steve)! We had so much fun at 2 quilt shops, Gardner Village, Tai Pan, Rod Works, Scrooge and Marley's, Costco & Osmond Designs. Our feet were sure aching that night. Today we attended our meetings and then my mom made her famous green chili burros for dinner. Boy, they were good! The rest of the week is looking like; sewing, laughing, playing, resting, visiting with family, and making good food. It's going to be a great week!

11 comments:

Summertime Designs said...

Sommer, it's Summer (Decker) Driggs here! I found your blog through Anna Macfarlane's! How are you doing? It looks like you are living in Utah! Your little daughter and son are so cute! I would love to catch up with you. My blog is private, so send me an email so I can add you to my list! Talk to you soon! mamadriggs@yahoo.com

Crazymamaof6 said...

how fun to ahve your mom come visit! and way fun shopping too! have a fabulous week!

BrittSkinner said...

Sommer,
Hey, it's Brittany Skinner (Brown) Your blog is so cute. We are in Utah! I think we are probably pretty close to you!! We should get together and let our kids play! I'm totally homesick too!
my email address is skinnerbrittany@hotmail.com! Talk to ya soon,
Britt

Miken Harding said...

I just had my mom in town too! How fun, aren't they the best.

Mary Ann said...

you are so lucky... to have your mom there and go shopping at those AWESOME places.. last summer i was in utah and went to most of those store. they are the best! you are so lucky to live close! i saw your dad tonight at a neighborhood bbq, i was wondering why he was along.. now i know! :)

cabrenchley said...

That sounds like so much fun. You can never get enough one on one with your Mom!

Anonymous said...

Hey Som, thanks for the well wishes! I forgot how beautiful your mom is, of course that's where you get it, duh Zan. Anyway hey I found a blast from the past blog...Mark McConaghie! Crazy huh!? I flashed back to all those crazy nights with mark, kyle, travis...it's www.mcconaghiefamily.blogspot.com

Tiff Hunt said...

Have you been to Tai Pan yet? that is one of my favorite shops! It is so stinkin fun! Also, Rod Works is amazing! Have fun with your mom here!

jfbast said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jfbast said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jfbast said...

sorry about the 60 thousand comments, it kept telling me it wasn't working!