Thursday, February 14, 2008

A Rough 2 Days/Happy Valentines!

Some of you might know that we got a huge snow storm last night. With winds up to 70 mph! It took Steve 3 hours to drive the last 3 miles home from work. He did not get home until 10:30pm. I was worried sick and my eyes were glued to the news stations. Some people slept at gas stations, church buildings and a school because they couldn't get home!
The storm left over a foot of snow in front of our front door, breezeway and sidewalk to the cars. After putting Chandler down for his morning nap, I decided to shovel all the snow away. I put on my snow attire, put Sesame Street on for Kate and started shoveling away. I checked on Kate every 3 or 4 minutes... she can get into a lot of mischief in such a short time. When checking on my little sweet heart for the fourth time, I noticed the front door was locked. She had locked me out! I started knocking on the door for her to let me in and hear, "come in"! Then I say, "Kate open the door for mommy"! The only thing she can say is, "come in mommy"! I started going into panic mode: what if Chan wakes up, is my bedroom door shut, is she going to climb on the kitchen counters, what is she going to get out of the refrigerator(she pulls a chair up to the fridge and opens the safety latch)??? I immediately called Steve to tell him the horrible news and he said he would be home shortly. I did get Kate to unlock the bottom lock, but she also locked the deadbolt! Ahhhhhhhh!
Steve got home to let us both in. Thankfully, Chan was still asleep & Kate was just sitting on the couch with tears in her eyes. It scared us all at the time!
I've come to the conclusion that if it would stop snowing we wouldn't be in these situations!

(I did what to mommy?)
(I would never... I'm way too cute!)

That night we met Steve at Red Lobster for a nice Valentines dinner. We enjoyed each others company, but I don't think the couple next to us enjoyed Kate's! She kept trying to share her chicken fingers and french fries with them when they were trying to eat in peace and gaze deeply into each others eyes.
My Valentine boy. Kate with her new Valentine bag filled with activities and M&M's, Steve with his new Suns hat!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome to Utah, right? YIKES!

That has happened to me a couple of times before--with my baby in his highchair.

Your kids are too dang cute!

Shawna said...

Poor Sommer. It's happened to me too. With Theron locking himself in the houds. I freaked out though which made it worse. Glad it all turned out alright. Kate is getting so big. I'm jealous of all her hair. So cute!

Crazymamaof6 said...

wow scary. your kiddos are adorable. and good for you shoveling snow. glad it worked out. huge stress!

The Cluffs said...

oh my gosh!!! That is scary! That dang snow, I bet you were missing good old AZ right about that time! I am glad it all worked out!

Carrie said...

Hi Sommer! Don't know if you'll remember me, but I was at EAC and lived in Church Street with Melanie, Raynee and Miken...my maiden name was Carrie Ball. Anyway, I found your blog through Shawna's! Your kiddos are adorable! Stop by and visit my blog!
Carrie

The Halls said...

i heared about that crazy storm glad to hear you guys are all safe. i hate the snow and the wind and yes the ice! yuck!!!! you all look so beautiful! lots of love