Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Prayers...


Chandler is sick. Really sick. He has been constantly throwing up since Sunday afternoon and has a fever. He can't keep anything down his little body. Not even water. I took him to the doctors Tuesday morning and they sent us over to the hospital. He had the beginning stages of dehydration. He spent seven hours in a pediatric hospital bed yesterday hooked up to an IV, getting his body rejuvenated. He had dry- cracked lips, bright red cheeks and a warm body. He was achy and very lethargic. He layed there in a tiny hospital gown for seven hours whimpering and whispering, "nope" every time you asked him a question. He didn't move, not even a wiggle. If you know Chan, this is definitely not his character. Usually he would be running up and down the halls, bouncing off the walls and or screaming "let me down" after picking him up off the floor he was rolling on.
After two bags of fluid, Chandler decided it was time to go home. He pulled out his own IV. He had had enough. Without the hassle of repoking him, we went home where he could lay in the comfort of his own bed. However, last night his temperature rose to 104 degrees. Steve forced some Tylenol meltaways in his mouth and gave him a blessing to comfort him. His fever reduced throughout the night. He feels and looks better this morning, but not out of the woods yet.
Watching your child in misery is the worst thing about being a mother. I wish I could instantly take his pain away. His tiny body should not have to go through so much suffering.
I am grateful for Chandlers spunk and determination. I am grateful for modern day medicine, hospitals, doctors and compassionate nurses. I am grateful for kind neighbors. I am grateful for the power of the Priesthood. I am grateful for the power of prayer. I am grateful for this Holiday season to celebrate the birth of our Savior.

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Sommer, I am sorry your little boy is so sick! Yet, it is comforting to know we have the Priesthood to bless our children's lives. I hope he gets better soon, we will say an extra prayer for him!

Tiff Hunt said...

Oh, I am so sorry. Poor Chandler! I for sure will keep him in my prayers. I hope he starts feeling better quickly!

Julee said...

I am so sorry about your little boy! We will definatly keep you in our prayers!!!

The Cluffs said...

That is scary. Poor Chan. I am so sorry that he is sick and that you all have to go through that. It is absolutely horrible to see your baby in a hospital bed with an IV stuck in his arm. I hope he feels better. You guys are in my prayers. Love you.

Ty and Marla Stevens said...

We love our little Chan Man! Brodie said a special prayer for him. We love you guys and hope that he gets better and that the rest for the family will stay well!