Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Surprise!

The kids & I surprised our family last week & drove the eleven hours (with pit stops) to Arizona! No, we were not missing the heat, but we wanted to attend Tyrel's Officer graduation with the Maricopa County Sheriff's Department & of course see all of our FAMILY! And boy did we pull off the surprise!
We managed to mix in play time with cousins, a birthday party for Kate, slumber parties, visits with friends, never ending games of Farkle, laughter, outings to the store with Aunt Shanda to get "tweets", some good Mexican food & lots of family fun!


Ty receiving his "pin" from my dad since he is in law enforcement.

MJ helping Ty out.

Five of the six Curtis Women at the RS Broadcast.






Pre-birthday party with the Curtis cousins.

Silly cousins... six months apart.
Chan the crazy driver.








Games & fun with Brodie & grandma.














One last hug until next time!

9 comments:

jfbast said...

how nice to get some family time in. at least the temperatures here are getting a touch milder.

p.s. i like the new blog layout!

Ty and Marla Stevens said...

We had such a good time with you and your cute kidos! We miss you guys already, can't wait until Dec.

Lexa said...

I know how those drives can be, especially with youngins. I didn't even know Ty was doing the law enforcement thing, or I would of made him join up with the Border Patrol :) Take care :)

CF Is Not Forever said...

I heard Amie had a blast with you and your kids! Lots of fun

Jeremy.Celeste said...

You are brave to take that drive with just you and the kids. I bet it was really nice to see family. It only takes you 11 hours. We must be going a long way. We will have to get directions from you. That is a fast trip compared to how long it takes us. 14 hours. Can you believe that! Celeste
P.S. I also love the new look of your blog. Super cute.

Miken Harding said...

I love suprising family! That was the best when we still had flight benefits!:) Love your new background! Love the rolls! You look dashing!

Tiff Hunt said...

I'm jealous!! Congrats to Tyrel. Hey,will you send me your address, we are having a party for graduation. huntfamily03@gmail.com

The Halls said...

good for you!! making that trip by yourself! what an exciting time for ty thats awsome! I can't get over how much kate looks like you,its crazy! mabey i am just jelouse that my girl lools nothing like me!!! oh well

Mary Ann said...

i bet your family was so excited! that is a huge effort on your part! glad you had a safe trip!