Saturday, September 13, 2008

"Ladies Who Sweat'!

Today I ran a MARATHON... a marathon relay at the River Front Parkway in South Jordan. Four friends & I, each ran a little over 5.2 miles to complete the full 26.2! It was a lot of fun, but cold, extremely entertaining & well worth getting up at 5:30am to mingle, laugh & sweat with these women.
The orange shirt for participating.

The "Ladies Who Sweat"... Anna, Sommer, Amber, Becca & Cherie.

Happy my leg of the race was over!

We beat our goal of FOUR hours just under a minute and a half!

6 comments:

Kari said...

Way to go Sommer! I'm jealous. That makes me want to run again! Great job again!

Miken Harding said...

YEah! That's awesome! You are amazing! I want you on my team some day. Love all your projects-way to use your time wisely. I need to get my butta in gear! Have you heard from Raynee?

Sarah S. said...

It looks like you guys had a blast! Congrats on winning the cute little skeleton head ornament. I had the perfect place for it (ha, ha) but if I had to lose I'm glad it was to you. I love your crafts too.

Unknown said...

WOW! Sounds like fun!

(thanks for not posting the pics of me running--YIKES!)

Next month we've got to sign up for something HARD(er)! Whaddya say?

Allred's said...

You make me feel lazy. Way to go on being so athletic and with it. Oh, and the disappearing binky trick is amazing.

jfbast said...

wow! sommer, i'm impressed. i bet that felt good, to finish anyway. i'll bet it's a lot more fun running up there in the mountains than it would be here in the valley, not that i'm making any [good] excuses.