Monday, February 7, 2011

Out of the Mouth of Kate


1. "I sure love cheese, it's one of my favorite vegetables."
2. "Mom, do you want to be a gramma in Utah or Arizona?" Probably Arizona. "Ya, I think I want to be a mom in Arizona, we could swim every day."
3. "Do you know what my favorite holiday is?" Christmas- no, Halloween- no, Easter- no. "Want me to give you a hint?" Sure. "You play jokes on people..." April Fools? "Yes, I sure love to play jokes!"
4. "When you were a little girl did you... like getting slivers, like getting shots, sleep by yourself, do your own hair, play hide-n-seek, clean your room, play with your friends, make your own lunch, paint your nails... " (It's never ending!)
5. "Do you think we can go to Texas (Texas Road House)? I really want some of those rolls with that special butter."
6. On the way to the airport to pick up Steve: "Hey mom, lets play a joke on dad and tell him I lost my voice while he was gone." Ok. "And don't tell him I'm just tricking like you always do." Ok.
7. "Can I have a drink of water with my lunch, they say it's really healthy for you?" Who's they? "The kids in my preschool class."
8. "Mom, I'm going to have two jobs when I grow up." Oh, really what? "I am going to be a doughnut baker in the morning for breakfast and a makeup makeover lady at night.
9. EVERY night after she brushes her teeth: "Do you want to smell my breath?"
10. "I wish I could be a real fairy and fly around my room and put lipstick on every day and wear fancy dresses and shoes that sparkle... (sigh) maybe some day!"



** pictures by Monica Parker.**

4 comments:

Josh and Nat said...

Oh i love her! and I LOVE that last picture.

Aimee's Family Journal said...

That picture of her is precious! Thanks for sharing. Those were some cute little comments!

Jen & Blake said...

Oh her and Camden could be great friends! They remind me of eachother:) The pics are adorable of her. And too funny to have Evan ask if we knew you!?! Go Lacey! We think he's great. Keep us up to date on how things go!

Jodiane said...

oh man, i loved this post summer. you really paint a picture of her sweet, sassy and ever changing-closer-to-becoming-an out of control teenager... thanks for that. I want you to be an Arizona Mom and Grandma. I am moving back in a few months, and i want you closer.