Monday, January 3, 2011

An Auntie Surprise!

Without us knowing, (except Steve) Aunt Shanda booked a ticket over a month ago to come and see us!

We had a WONDERFUL four days with her & glad she pulled off the surprise.

Steve went to the gym after the kids went to bed- nothing knew. At 11:00pm he texted to say he was going to Walmart. I thought that was a little weird because what did he need to buy at Walmart at 11pm ??? At 11:30 I was laying in bed and heard his tires squealing, trying to pull into our garage up the icy driveway. A few minutes later Steve comes into our bedroom and says, "come here I have to show you something." I thought, "oh great, he drove into the garbage cans, which probably hit the house when trying to get up the icy driveway." I said, "is it good or bad?" He replied, "just come here." I went into the family room and saw a piece of luggage. Then thought, "you bought some new luggage at Walmart, why, we have plenty?" I went into the kitchen and turned the corner and there was my SISTER! I let out a gasp and gave her a big hug... we stayed up till 1:30am chatting away. It was AWESOME, I LOVE surprises!

2 comments:

The Nunes' said...

What a fun surprise... and your family picture is ADORABLE by the way!!!

Aimee's Family Journal said...

That made me tear up a little bit! I am so happy for you!