Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Farewell to Hermana Stevens

Lacey entered the MTC today! Steve & I went with my parents to give her one last hug & say, " adios hermana". The first sister she met was going to her same mission, Washington DC North. Maybe, Sister Mills will be Lacey's companion. The Elder sitting next to us at the meeting is from Washington DC North & going to serve in Mesa, Arizona. They are basically flip-flopping places... so the fathers flip-flopped business cards. Lacey had her first official missionary duty by giving the closing prayer at the missionary/ family meeting. She did such a great job!
We are excited to get our first email from her... we know she is going to be a wonderful missionary!

Just received her "celestial dot"!

Mom, Hermana Stevens & Dad

Hermana Stevens & I.

Entering the MTC doors.

All of us at the "famous" MTC sign!

5 comments:

The Nunes' said...

Lacey is going to be an awesome missionary!!! And I can't believe Ty all ready has two kids, he's so grown up! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun here in good ol' AZ. We'll have to try to get together with everyone one of these times when your here again!

Tiff Hunt said...

I don't know why this post made me all teary eyed. I think it's because I miss wearing my missionary tag!! She will be an awesome missionary! How exciting!

Alan said...

Lacey is going to do so well. She will LOVE DC!! I'm so happy for her and for you guys. It is so great to have a missionary out. -christie

Aimee's Family Journal said...

I have a brother on a mission right now! It is so fun, and so interesting to see the developments in his life. She is a trooper for making that decision. How3 fun for your family.

LaDuke Family said...

Send our best to Lacey. What a great place to go.